Wednesday, August 25, 2010

OT: Things That Are Annoying Me

The kitten is trying desperately to get to my cereal bowl and is determined to run over my keyboard 653214.58798 times every second but I myself will hammer this out in the 10 minutes I have before heading out the door to work. 


I rarely watch the news any more - I used to be somewhat of a news junkie - but I kinda got a way from it for a while. However this past few days I have paid a bit more attention and I was completely shocked at what I was missing... 


The 33 Chilean minors trapped 2500+ feet underground and they can't get them out until CHRISTMAS???? The BF and I were talking about this after we heard CNN Report that nice little tidbit. Neither of us can believe that it would take that long to get them out - our thinking is if they can get food and supplies and ELECTRICITY down to them for the 'long haul' why can't they get the people out? I'll have to  look into that further I think but later. It just astounded me to hear that. 


Then, same day, there was this story about the British woman who put the cat into the dumpster. If you haven't heard or seen this - its mind boggling. 


http://news.yahoo.com/video/world-15749633/outrage-over-cat-tossed-in-trash-21579767#video=21579767

The cat was fine, a little hungry and thirsty after spending 15 hours at the bottom of a closed GARBAGE CAN, but otherwise ok. The part of this story that really pisses me off is the local authorities are not only NOT charging her with any type of cruelty - but instead are GUARDING HER from harm!!! Ok, I get that there are a lot of people that feel strongly about this (I'm one of them) but I would never fly across 'the pond' and do anything about it. However, there are people that will, and I get that she might be in danger. But not charging her for the act? Thats one of the most ridiculous things I've heard in a long time. 


What else was on my quicky "Thats Annoying!" list for today ....


The lady that won the Clinton Anderson DVD has not paid yet. Today is day 6, and still no word that she even got the 2 invoices I sent her. She contacted me prior to the auction ending and wanted proof the DVD's were not counterfiet, and she had no problems replying to that but now that its time to pay - not a peep. I'm starting to get worried.... its $65.00 I really need right now....


And really quick ... 


I NEED ADS! Lol. 


I just can't get the time for some new ads right now. I have a few that have been sent, but I don't even have enough for a full week right now. To make my life even MORE fun, my daughter wants to join Girl Scouts and because I was a Girl Scout for nearly 20  years, I have this crazy thought that I should start a troop... as if I don't have enough to do.....


But send them in. I'll start posting them again, I promise!

2 comments:

  1. The thing with the miners is that they have to move very slowly and carefully to prevent any more collapse, if that happens they are dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since ditching cable, I haven't kept up on the news either. Not locally or online.

    I hope things turn out for the best for the miners and their families. That has got to be tough.

    The crazy cat hag in Brit, let the masses take care of her. It may make the thought of anybody else trying it or something like it- much less appealing. Not pressing charges is just pathetic. I'm not a cat person, but they just don't deserve that.

    ReplyDelete