Sunday, May 30, 2010

Disaster

Last night my cat decided to sit on my laptop. 


This is what I woke up to this morning. I am on the boyfriends computer right now typing this, but like sides of the bed, we are both very territorial when it comes to our computers, and while his computer is fast and cool, its still HIS. Its set up the way he wants, and I had mine set up the way *I* liked. 

*sigh* What happened? I was watching a movie on it till about 1am or so, and was 3/4ths of the way already asleep when I put it down on my night table. I left the screen slightly open, but this morning It was closed and THAT was what I saw on my screen!!!! I think my cat sat on it over night... those are high pressure marks on the LCD screen, we've seen them before here on other laptops. The screen can be replaced, but if the warranty won't cover it, we'll have to do it ourselves, effectively killing the warranty - or whats left of it.

(We, ie; the boyfriend and I, run a small computer repair business on the side, plus we have a stack of old broke laptops up in the closet... literally, theres 5 or 6 up there that we part out.)

I am currently talking to the manufacturer about getting it repaired under the warranty, but if they say no, then we'll have to find a screen off Ebay and replace the screen. 

Until then, I will have to take a forced 'vacation' from the blog. 



No comments:

Post a Comment